Improved Auto-Finish/Auto-Speedup status display [Available]

Rolled out a small update to the beta site that improves (I think) the status display of the Auto-Finish and Auto-Speedup tools, and adds a couple new bits of interactivity.

When Auto-Finish is set to more than one rep, they are shown visually (animation below is sped up):

auto-finish-new-display

These little rep indicators are clickable, so for example you can quickly skip to the last rep by clicking the last little bubble:

If you use the “speed up every X reps” feature of Auto-Speedup, there’s a new visual indicator of which rep in the set you’re on:

Finally, I intended to make section rep markers clickable, so you can start a section at, say, the second rep by clicking on it:

Unfortunately it looks this isn’t working as of May 25, but I will figure out why and fix it when I get a chance.

Check it out in the beta site and let me know if you have any feedback!

P.S. – These are the future Auto-Speedup / Auto-Finish upgrades I’m considering:

• Auto-Speedup: an option to reset the BPM to the starting speed when the song is over. (The best workaround right now is to type your starting BPM into the Notepad. It will be turned into a clickable shortcut to return to that BPM.)

• Auto-Speedup: an option for ½ BPM increments.

• Auto-Finish: a way to have a keyboard shortcut (say, the spacebar) which will make the song end itself at the end of the currently-played rep.

• Auto-Finish: a way to temporarily set a default rep count for all songs. (Not at all sure how I’ll do this.)

1 Like

I love this feature, it’s great for improving speed. I’m curious why the Auto Finish starts at 0/zero vs 1.

To be more specific. Sometimes not always, I see a display that says
“Auto-Finish: playing rep #0 of 20”

Ah, the old “off by one” kind of programming bug rears its ugly head again!

I never noticed this because it only shows up if there are so many reps that the little bubbles aren’t shown.

I will fix this in the next beta release. Thanks!

1 Like

This works rigth now, thanks much Luke.