August 1, 2022 Beta Update

Made a quick video to highlight the changes in the latest beta version update, released on August 1. Thanks to everyone for your feedback thus far, which has helped me shape these improvements to the new band-settings interface.

(If you’re not a beta tester yet, see here for more context and start using the beta at beta.strummachine.com.)

5 Likes

Wow! You have been busy. So much more flexibility and realism. What a sharp tool…that is getting new selectable blades! Thanks, Luke.

Attached is a PDF with my best attempt to include lyrics with chords. It had to go into the “Notes” which is not optimal as I can’t share them with my jam members (which might even get you some more customers). How about adding a twin “Public Notes” to the current (private) Notes? (oops. For some reason it won’t accept PDF’s and it is a bit complicated to be an image file ++Cut/Paste. Here goes:

In the editor:
55 BPM Key of G
BRAMBLE AND THE ROSE THE G☑
(Barbara Keith)

Verse
[G]**We have been so close to-**[D%]**gether**
**Each a**[C]**candle,**[D]**each a**[G]**flame.**
[G]**All the dangers were out**[D%]**side us,**
**And we**[C]**knew them**[D]**all by**[G]**name.**
CHORUS:
[G]**See**[D]**how the**[C]**bramble and the**[G]**rose**[C]**inter**[D]**-twine**[D7]
[G]**Love**[D]**grows like a**[C]**bramble and a**[G]**rose**
[C]**Round each**[D]**other we will**[G]**twine.**
Verse
[G]**Now I've hurt you, and it**[D]**hurts me**
**Just to**[C]**see what**[D]**we can**[G]**do**
[G]**To ourselves and to each**[D]**other**
**Without**[C]**really**[D]**meaning**[G]**to.**
CHORUS:
[G]**See**[D]**how the**[C]**bramble and the**[G]**rose**[C]**inter**[D]**-twine**[D7]
Verse
[G]**So put your arms around**[D]**me**
**And we'll**[C]**sing a**[D]**true love**[G]**song.**
[G]**We will learn to sing tog**[D%]**ether,**
**Sing and l**[C%]**augh the**[D]**whole night**[G]**long.**
CHORUS:

As it looks:

1 Like

Hey Luke, thanks for all the new bells and whistles. Sure hope you’re keeping a banjo addition on the front burners.

Rich

It’s definitely still in the plan, though not currently “on the stove”. More left to do with the guitar, I need to get bass and mandolin up to speed, lots of “secondary” work around this update (help docs, medley support, various rough edges), plus I want to do at least a bit of marketing/promotion about this update when it’s ready. Then I feel I need to get the ball rolling on growing the song library, especially once Strum Machine does a better job at more genres of music. And because I stink at multitasking and there’s so much to do, I want to explore hiring someone(s) soon too, which is a lot of work in and of itself! Thus, banjo (and probably piano) probably get pushed to at least 2023… unfortunately. But we’ll see how things go.

1 Like

Maybe consider putting the community to work for helping expand the song library, perhaps adding the capability for us to specify a genre when creating a song? There could be a “submit for review” mechanism that lets us submit songs for consideration to include in the public library. You could publish some submission guidelines and maybe a wish-list for tunes and let us do some of the lifting on that while you focus on continuing to add great features.

2 Likes