Enable Chord Inversions

With all the major improvements in the current strum pattern Beta, I think the only think that really jumps out at me for StrumMachine is the ability to indicate a chord inversion. This would be hugely useful for the parts where I play banjo up the neck. StrumMachine would only really need to enable the first level chord inversion. That would give the backup track the feel like it was following what I’m playing up the neck. I do that with the guitar tracks for my TablEdit tunes. If you would like to have some clarification about what I’m talking about, hit me up.

Interesting… not something I do as a bluegrass guitar player, or that I hear other bluegrass players doing. Maybe you’re talking more about swing tunes? There’s the slash-chords feature for changing the bass note (G/B, D/F#, etc) but that’s probably not what you’re talking about.

This feels like maybe a complication that wouldn’t be of interest to many folks… but if anyone else wants this too, please chime in?

Something I think would be, perhaps more broadly useful, would be the ability to specify the capo fret so that a song played out of E could be voiced out of D or C position with the capo on the 2nd or 4th fret, respectively. I could see that being used more than specifying chord inversions, even though I would like that capability too. We want it all Luke!!! Hahah! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

DaveMueller, I hope you since found that feature under the playback mode “Key” drop-down menu… It’s not in the edit menu.

2 Likes

DaveMueller, I hope you since found that feature under the playback mode “Key” drop-down menu… It’s not in the edit menu.

@DavidStrickland I had not seen that until now! Thank you for pointing it out! I was hoping that the sound samples used in the strums would actually sound like the voicings of the capo’d chord positions, but it’s very helpful as a visual chart like this too. -Dave

I missed Dave’s earlier note so I’m glad you replied, @DavidStrickland! Thanks!

Eventually there will be a way to specify what voicing you want to hear as well. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Luke!!!