Great to have found this platform! and one question

Hello Luke, just wanted to say that it was a great platform and tool that you have created for musicians and fans of traditional music!

I have been wanting to find a way to create fiddle accompniment ever since I picked up fiddling more than ten years ago. I tried Band in a Box at one time but realized that it is probably too costly and hard to use for most people. I tried to learn chording myself but it found that old dogs hard to learn new tricks (just a figure of speech, I am not that old lol). One thing I did succeed is to sign up my daughter for chording lessons with one of the best piano accompanist from Nova Soctia, and she is doing pretty well and can accompy my playing when she is in the mood, although she is mostly in her classical music mood.

Now with this tool, I can just ask my daughter to write our the chords, and I put it in here, I immediately have a computer band for my practice!

So thank you again for such great tool!!

My question is, would you consider also providing piano patterns for making the accompaniments? I guess it wouldn’t be called strum machine any more but here in Nova Scotia, piano is another great form of deliverying the accompaniment and often it gives a very different feel to the tune when you play.

Keep up the great work!

I’m glad to hear that you are getting good use out of Strum Machine!

I do plan on adding piano to Strum Machine at some point in the future, at least some basic fiddle-tune accompaniment styles. Can’t say when, exactly, but it’s on my list!

2 Likes