Need to set FONT in the Notes

This is what comes out:
A E
Oh I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee,
A E A
I’m going to Louisiana, my true love for to see

When the input was in a monofaced font, like Courier New. Defaulting to Verdana or some such with different spacing makes copy/pasting hard to use. Either choose a monoface, or let the user choose? Or maybe you did & I just can’t find it? THANKS. Pete A

Sounds like a good user preference to make available. I’ll make a note of it.

In the meantime, I can suggest a workaround using a browser extension that lets you override the styling on any website. What web browser are you using?

Thanks, Luke!
Using MS Edge and sometimes Google Chrome, but running the downloaded version of Strum Machine in Windows 10. Not sure how browser settings matter?

Browser settings don’t matter here.

For Google Chrome, you can install the Stylus extension, which will allow you to apply custom styles (CSS) to any website.

Then, do the following:

1. Go to strummachine.com (or beta.strummachine.com) and then activate the Stylus extension through the icon that it adds to the add-ons toolbar in the top-right area of Chrome. Allow permissions as necessary.

2. Under “Write style for:”, click on “strummachine.com

3. Paste the following code into the big textbox:

.notesArea-noteContent,
     .notesArea-editor {
         font-family: monospace;
     }

4. Click Save and close the style editor. Your notes should now be in monospace font!

If you have a specific font you want to use, just replace the word “monospace” with that font. Wrap it in quotes if the font name has a space in it.

For Edge, this extension looks like a similar alternative but I’ve never used it so I can’t vouch for it personally. On the other hand, I’ve been using Stylus for years to tweak the appearance of various websites that I frequent.

And again, eventually this will be a preference within Strum Machine so we won’t need this workaround!

Thanks, Luke.
I couldn’t get the Edge suggestion to work. Will wait until it is part of Strum Machine.
Pete A

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to do:
which we project on a screen, turns into this if I past into Notes.

I also use the Notes when practicing singing/playing while strum sets the backing. So I’m looking at the lyrics with chords over them, NOT at the SM playing. OF COURSE, I can open the formatted Lead Sheets…

Also, if I could paste in images, could do screen grabs and paste them in. But Notes, even in the beta, does not support.
Thanks!
Pete A