Saveable instrumentation with song/tune [Planned]

Suggestion for a new feature: to be able to save specific instrumentation for customized songs.

I tend to play guitar on certain songs/tunes and mandolin on others. It would be great to be able to save the appropriate SM instrumentation with each song/tune (e.g. turn off guitar on my guitar songs) so I don’t have to keep changing it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Whoops, didn’t see this before. Yes, Strum Machine will have per-song instrument settings as an option in the future, likely sometime this year. Same for count-in settings. More instrument customization is coming so I’m not sure how it will look yet but I’ll do my darnedest to make it easy to set per-song settings!

2 Likes

Cool! I have no doubt you’ll make it easy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another idea that would be fairly simple is a text box below each chord line in the printout. Similar to the use of the notes box at the bottom. A user could then type in lyrics with their own creations. Otherwise, this old brain needs to keep another window open with lyrics. Band in a Box has a similar feature, but the whole tool is so much harder to use than SM. Thanks for the work you are doing.