White Page

My app on my phone quit working. I just get a blank white page. When I go to the App Store and try to re-download , I get the same white page. ???

JR

Sorry about that, John. It’s a very frustrating problem because I have not been able to figure out what’s going on. It has been affecting a lot of other apps like mine (websites packaged into apps with something called “Cordova”) but nobody seems to know why it’s happening. I hit a dead end in my investigations but I will definitely continue to look into it after the holidays.

In the meantime, restarting the app (here’s how) seems to resolve the issue for most folks – no need to uninstall/reinstall.

I know of one case where restarting the app didn’t help, which is super frustrating. In that case, the workaround is to access Strum Machine through Safari until the issue can be resolved.

OK I tried restarting but that didn’t work. I deleted the app from my phone and then downloaded it again from the App Store, then logged back in. That works. I was in a little panic because the band uses it on an iPad as a chord chart for certain tunes. Thanks Luke.

JR

2 Likes

Sometimes when I have problems with an app I shut down and restart the device and that fixes it. In either case, don’t worry because your bass player has his Strum Machine open and will gladly share.

There’s a new version of the app in the App Store which may have fixed this issue. Would be curious to know if anyone experiences it again after updating. (You can check for the update by going here on your iPhone/iPad; if you don’t see an “Update” button, you’re good to go.)

1 Like

Luke, sorry to report that I’m still getting the “white page” via my iPad even after the upgrade.
Everything OK when using SM via Safari.
I might try deleting the SM app and re-downloading.
What do you think…?
You’ve put a lot of work into solving this “Apple” problem.
Cheers.
John

An update 25 minutes later…
The SM app is now working. :grinning:
I went to the App Store and re-loaded.
Thank you.