Keyboard shortcuts for list navigation? [Planned]

Are there (or could there be) keyboard shortcuts for loading the next/previous song in a list when you’ve got list navigation enabled? I’m working out a process for running a virtual jam session without having to put my instrument down and use the mouse or keyboard, and if there were a shortcut I could bind a macro or button on my bluetooth foot pedal to for advancing to the next song in a list, that would be one more action I could do hands-free. I could see it being useful for busking once that’s a thing again, too.

Even without that feature (and I just discovered list navigation today, so it’s entirely possible there’s already a shortcut and I just haven’t found it yet), this app has been a real help during self-isolation, so thank you!

I like this idea and definitely want to implement it in the future! I plan to make all the keyboard shortcuts customizable as well. Hard to say exactly when this will be done, but it’s on the roadmap!

Thanks for your suggestion!

2 Likes

Did this ever get made? I’ve just bought an “xSonic Airstep Lite” and so far have mapped:

• back to the beginning: backspace
  • -1bpm
  • play/pause
  • +1bpm
  • +5bpm

Which is nice but im hoping there is a keyboard shortcut for: Progress to the next track. and Go back to the previous track. Are there shortcut keys for these actions?

Hi @MichaelU,

Still haven’t gotten around to this. This falls in the same category as the “last time” Auto-Finish keyboard shortcut that I just posted about – been on the list for a long time, haven’t done it yet, but things are looking good for it finally happening in 2024…

1 Like

Thanks @LukeAbbott

Exciting year ahead. Good luck with completing the tasks you want to complete.