New song editor ready for beta testing

Hey folks!

Just a quick note to let you know that the beta version of new Strum Machine editor is now publicly available at beta.strummachine.com and in the SM Beta iOS app!

Some highlights:

• More chords available, including 13, 6/9, m11, 7sus4, 7(b9)… probably everything you’ll ever need, but let me know if something’s missing.

• Number chords now available in the editor, i.e., you can see and type 1 4 5 directly into the chart.

• Completely redesigned editing interface – we hope you think it’s an improvement, but if not, tell us!

Here, I made a little five-minute tour of the new editor:

(Tip: Click the button in the bottom-right corner of the video after playing to go into full-screen mode.)

I have a small list of polishing tasks that I need to complete, but otherwise this update should be relatively complete. If anything seems broken, or confusing, or difficult to use, etc., please let me know and I’ll see what I can do to improve it. Thanks!

5 Likes

It has come to my attention that the SM Beta iOS app has been showing a white screen for some if not all users. I am working to fix it as quickly as I can I’ve fixed the issue, although anyone who has encountered the “white screen of death” will have to either uninstall and reinstall the app from TestFlight or wait until TestFlight receives the updated build from Apple, probably within 12-24 hours.

Thumbs up so far on the beta update. The plus minus move is great. Always hit by accident before. I’m goin to work up Wichita Lineman. I’ll know if you missed any chord voicings with that tune. :wink: Great app! I recommend it all of time on my music forums.

1 Like

Thank for this upgrade Luke.
You have done a great job.
Most of the features you offer, I don’t use, but many others will use them.
My use of SM is pretty humble, but it is still a superb app.
Thank you once again.
Cheers.

1 Like